- My son/daughter turns three on the last day of VBS, can they go?
Yes, however, the child must be potty trained.
- Is there a cut off day for birthdays?
We like the child to be 3 before the first day of VBS and potty trained.
- If my child is not potty trained, can they still come?
We prefer that all children are potty trained due to the program activities.
- Is there a cost?
No, there is no cost for our program. We have a voluntary missions offering collected throughout the week.
- What about donations?
We accept donations, the children will be competing to raise money for the mission. We also have items on our donations page that we are seeking. The list is updated as new needs are identified or others are fulfilled.
- Are we expected to donate?
No. We normally have a missions offering throughout the week but it is not mandatory to give.
- Does the snack cost anything?
No, we don't charge any fees for our VBS program.
- What kind of activities will my four-year-old participate in?
Pre-Schoolers will have age appropriate craft, bible story, music and recreation all themed after the day's memory verse.
- What kind of activities will my ten-year-old participate in?
Elementary crews will move throughout the building participating in crafts, recreation, missions & worship and bible time. Each activity is themed after the day's memory verse.
- What kind of clothing a child should wear during VBS?
Comfortable weather-appropriate clothes should be worn. We do have outside recreation, depending on the weather, some of which will involve water.
- Will a snack be provided for my child?
- What kind of food will be provided?
We are sensitive to many allergies. We provide water or lemonade as a drink and snacks vary, but examples include pretzels, donuts, fruit...
- Can I purchase/download photos taken during VBS? How do I go about doing that?
In the past we have done some of that, however each year is different. Check at the registration area later in the week.
- We don't go to any church. Can my son/daughter still participate?
Yes - all are welcome. We look forward to meeting you.
- We go to a different church. Can my son/daughter still participate?
- Do you offer the music CD's or DVD's for sale?
We will have a limited number of CD's and DVD's available at the end of the week of VBS. If you would like to purchase one, please visit the Registration area (preferably after the first day).
- Can my son/daughter's non-member friend pair up with my son/daughter?
Yes. On the registration form just put their buddy's first and last name. We will do all we can to accommodate these requests.
- Can my 6-year-old pair up with my 5-year-old?
Our material is age appropriate for children based upon whether they have already attended school. The children in Preschool and Kindergarten crews are generally about the same age. Elementary crews (children entering 1st - 6th grade) are multi-age crews. However, you are the best judge of your children's maturity level. If you would like your children to be in the same crew, please indicate on the registration form which of the following is your preference: 1) Your 6 year old to be put in a crew with your 5 year old and other children who are 5 and / or are entering Kindergarten; 2) Your 5 year old to be placed in a crew with your 6 year old and other elementary children (who could be as old as eleven).
- My son/daughter can't make the morning session on the first two days; can they go to the evening session for day 1 and day 2 and then do the morning session for the rest of the week?
Yes. However, please indicate that on your child's registration, then stop by the Registration area to make sure the child is assigned appropriately.
- The on-line registration is losing parent information on the confirm page and I am not able to successfully register my children.
This is an issue for browsers that do not accept cookies. We use a standard technique to keep data from page to page to streamline the registration process. Your browser will need to be changed to accept cookies from explorevbs.com and worthingtoncc.org to allow you to complete the on-line child registration forms.
- I am having trouble with the online registration. Can I submit a paper form?
- Getting Session Data Error while registering children.
We have had some issues with folks getting this error at the end of the registration process. We are unclear on it's cause but for now we ask that you click this link to restart your session.
- Can I pay for my Volunteer T-Shirt online?
Yes we have online payments via PayPal, just click the Paynow button.